VIDEO COURSE (English)
Top 10 Checkmate patterns
GM Miguel Illescas
Extraordinary video series developed in English by Grandmaster Miguel Illescas. In this series, the 8-time Spanish champion offers a practical course that will sharpen your game by showing you the key patterns that precede checkmate.
The series is not only theoretical, but also full of examples of the masterful practice of the global elite, where the power of these checkmate patterns is fully revealed. It is a highly recommended course for all those who seek to improve their game with the help of one of the best coaches in the world, winner of the "Petrosian" award of the International Federation (FIDE).
Don't be fooled by the title, the course has a lot of material and is full of useful information that will help you improve your game. GM Illescas offers extensive testing with real-world game positions and shows how these key patterns appear more frequently than you might think, not only in amateur games, but in high-level games between players like Kasparov, Anand, Carlsen and others.
The course is aimed at players whose rating is in the range of 800 to 2000, but all chess players will find the videos useful.
- Mates in the Opening (35:50 mins)
- Back Rank Mates (23:42 mins)
- Back Rank Mate Exercises (24:15 mins)
- Lucena Mate (21:04 mins)
- Lucena Mate Exercises (28:21 mins)
- Rook and Bishop Mates (26:48 mins)
- Rook and Bishop Mate Exercises (25:51 mins)
- Rook and Knight Mates (36:43 mins)
- Rook and Knight Mate Exercises (28:47 mins)
- H file Mates (37:09 mins)
- H file Mate Exercises (38:45 mins)
- Long Diagonal Mates (28:17 mins)
- Long Diagonal Mates Exercises (27:59 mins)
- Mates with Qh7 (32:34 mins)
- Mates with Qh7 Exercises (25:09 mins)
- Mates with Qg7 (29:45 mins)
- Mates with Qg7 Exercises (29:45 mins)
- Chess Festival (38:56 mins)
Total runtime: 9 hrs 06 mins 47 seconds.
- FREE BONUS #1: PDF Course Guide.
- FREE BONUS #2: PGN with the whole course.
- FREE BONUS #3: PDF with main maths.